Tuesday, October 27, 2009

my ivory tower











this is the reason why I haven't been posting lately: a new appartment and a fresh love (or was it the other way around?)
it's just so lovely to be here, I like to call it my 'ivory tower'. like in 'The Neverending Story'.. when I was little I always dreamed of being the ivory emperess with her soft voice and sad eyes.
and I'm learning to cook. with help of this book. I received it from a Swiss friend and adored the illustrations and recipies. Larissa Bertonasco gathered all her Italian grandmother's recipies
and mixed them with her own memories of her childhood in text and drawings.
I'm trying really hard to keep the book clean..
a little difficult when you are such a chaotic kitchenprincess as I am.
.lotta.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, moving into a new place is a lot like having a new love; you're excited about all of the new possibilities - furniture placement for instance :) The book looks charming but too bad I cannot read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen:
    you're so right! a new place is sometimes even better than a new love, because you're totally in control of the situation :)
    and the book is really charming, and even without understanding the words it's just great to look at and to have it (as a decoration) on your kitchenshelf.

    ReplyDelete